Jason's PC case design

Public Chat
Jason

Jason's PC case design

Post#1 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:36 pm

Hello,
The past month I've been designing a PC case that's going to double as my desk as well. (link on bottom and BBcode embed if that works)
It's a rather simple design (for the "box") with modest to low expansion options. It has got 2 5 1/4" bays for 2 "hidden" optical drives and 4 exposed for front panel and hot-swap trays I'm going to be using. Also in the front there's room for a 140mm fan or water cooling (that I meant to use for the GPU but you need tubes longer than 30 cm for that)
Behind the hex mesh design there's an acrylic sheet meant for blocking any unfiltered air and also to be lit up by a LED strip.
For SSDs there are 1-2 "stands" for up to 2 disks using a single stand or up to 7 when using 2.
In the back there is the PSU, the motherboard tray (which is removable) and room for dual 140mm fans or 280mm (15mm) water-cooling.
On the right side there is a removable panel for either a 120-140mm fan or a second power supply. I'll eventually fit a UPS in there once I can spare one.
The whole case will be fabricated using 1,5mm aluminum and 1 mm aluminum for the other parts. These and also the acrylic glass will be cut by a laser.
On the top I'll be having either a 8mm or 10mm safety glass and bellow the case there's the option for a keyboard tray although I think I wont be attaching that to the rest of the structure now.
That's it ... I'll be sending it for fabrication of Friday but I can squeeze in any suggestions by then.
Thank you.
https://sketchfab.com/models/b6bab08472 ... e072c5ae93
[sketchfab]b6bab084727649f1988d6be072c5ae93[/sketchfab]
Case 16/02/16 20:47 GMT by jasont on Sketchfab
All professions maxxed including Legion Doodling and Loitering.

Silvarius-FS

Re: Jason's PC case design

Post#2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:59 pm

Looking good m8

Return to “General Chat”